Get Your Building Reports

in 48 hours anywhere in Sydney  

NCAT Disputes

NCAT formally known as CTTT (Consumer, Trader & Tenancy Tribunal) can hear and determine applications lodged by home owners, traders and insurers about residential building work up to the value of $500,000 under the Home Building Act 1989.

judging cttt disputesWhat are home building disputes?

‘Home building’ refers to any residential building work done by a building contractor or tradesperson, such as the construction of a new home, building of an extension to an existing home, installation of a swimming pool or a renovation of a bathroom or kitchen.

Home building disputes that you can ask NCAT to resolve include:

  • Home owner's non-payment for building work
  • Building work not carried out as agreed in the contract
  • Incomplete or defective home building work
  • Insurance claims.


What can EBC do to help if you are dealing with Building Disputes & proceeding to NCAT?

At EBC we understand the frustration one may encounter during a Building Dispute & proceeding to NCAT hence we endeavour to provide you with the support and evidence required for your dispute, in order to help you reach a favourable resolution.

In order for your claim to be favourable in your interest you will need to provide evidence on your hearing date at the Tribunal to prove your claim. Hence a professional report from a building expert is required along with a Scott schedule which includes the costs to rectify all defective work found. A building expert from EBC can also be present on the day of your hearing, as further information from the building expert may be required to help prove your claim.

EBC highly recommend you carry out a professional building report along with a Scott schedule to help support your claim and also to have a building expert present on the day of your hearing.

What is a Scott Schedule?

A Scott Schedule is a form which allows parties to itemise defective and incomplete works which are the subject of a home building dispute. They are generally used in complex home building matters and/or where there are a number of defects.

How to Book a Professional Report from a Building Expert for Your NCAT Dispute?

Contact us today on 02 9613 3353 if you are currently facing any issues with your builder, newly purchased home or any other building issues.

Call our line during business hours (weekdays 8am – 5:30pm).

Feel free to leave a note on the contact form for us to call you at a convenient time.

Download Sample Reports